#MusicMondays: The Four Owls - Life in the Balance (Feat. Jam Baxter)

I stumbled across this track back in 2011 when a friend shared it on facebook. I'm not a smoker but something about the thumbnail made me click play. I'd never heard of 'The Four Owls' or the label High Focus at that point, and I don't think I was alone, they were just starting to become popular and this track/video definitely helped towards their well deserved growth in popularity. 

The lyrics immediately caught my attention, discussing conscious awareness, the power of positivity and thought and the balance of karma.

I also have a soft spot for the Mayan culture and the limited understanding we have of their teachings so the mentions of them throughout struck a chord with me.

I'm chuffed to have watched the growth of Fliptrix and his Brighton based label, High Focus, since then, with notable releases from majorly talented individuals such as Jam Baxter, Edward Scissortongue, Leaf Dog and more recently Onoe Caponoe plus many others.

3 years on The Four Owls have just done the unthinkable for a UK Based Hip Hop collective, they've just collaborated with Hip Hop royalty, DJ Premier. Well deserved recognition- here's to many more. 




Comments

Trending

My Ayahuasca Journey: Just The Beginning

The UK Bass Music show on Sub FM with Lara & Nikki

The journey continues...

My growing love for Radio Presenting

Start the day off right. With an inspirational Dr Seuss poem