The view from our room. We're back to life, back to reality - although, life seemed pretty damn real whilst away on the retreat this weekend. I managed to record my thoughts in this video of the first Ayahuasca ceremony, yet after the second and third I didn't feel it was right. Here's what happened on the first night: I'm going to sum up what happened on the second night - no doubt there will be things missing but whatever flows through my clumsily typing fingers right now is obvs what I'm 'meant' to share. The second night was just as daunting as the first going into it. We were told that this brew would be stronger than the initial dose the night before and that the experience would be different. And it was. Something I'd learnt about Ayahuasca is that it is very helpful to go into the session with an 'intention' which could be a question you'd like the answer for or an enlightening inspiration you'd like t...
Lara and I host a monthly slot on internet radio station, Sub FM where we curate the UK Bass Music show representing music we love and write about on our blog, ukbassmusic.com Whilst we're still starting out and getting used to the technicals (neither of us are DJs) the idea of being able to present some of the amazing music we get sent to our listeners is what helps crack the initial nerves... it's about the music and the spreading of the love first and foremost, we also stream our faces live over on facebook each show to increase the reach of the sounds. You can lock in every 4 Monday's (next one 11th Jan 2018) and in the meantime you can listen or watch back the shows and appreciate this sick music with us.
We had such fun! Lara and I headed down to the Subtle FM Studios to present the UK Bass Music show where we spend two hours playing and introducing some absolutely fantastic music we've been sent from musicians you may have heard of and some you may not, all is guaranteed to be amazing. This show we kept it pretty chilled, some nice melodic vibes selecting from genres such as Dubstep, Drum & Bass and Reggae. If you fancy a listen (and a watch), hit play below, and thanks so much for the support :) x
Last week I done something I've been wanting to do for a few years but up until this point had never felt psychologically ready enough for, I booked myself onto a retreat to experience 3 sessions of Ayahuasca for next month. I've been researching DMT (dimethyltryptamine) for the last 5-6 years and was introduced to Ayahuasca more recently. Ayahuasca is a brew made by Shamans which induces a psychadelic, visionary state, the active ingredient being DMT, and is used by many people for individual reasons. For therapy, relief, cures, answers and more. The common factor of the experience seems to be 're-living' the traumatic occurrences of your lifetime and gathering a new found understanding of them, whilst enlightening you within this 3-5 hr journey and therefore 'freeing' your self and mind from any issues and/or lasting effects these experiences have left with you. Let's call those 'limitations'. Oh, and you also puke. A lot. The bel...
I'm 28 now, with a job and responsibilities just like most 28 year olds, and something has become more and more apparent over the years, that life continues to happen, every day we have a new lesson, a new role, a new responsibility to add to our plate that continues to overspill into our social life, and our downtime and because of this we gradually have less and less time for those around us who mean the most. I am incredibly lucky to have some amazing friends, new ones and old ones, ones with similar interests, ones who are inspirational, ones who are there for me no matter what and some who tick all of those boxes. Yet with 'life' happening, the gaps between seeing some of these incredible people seem to get longer and longer, and I'd love to say this is through no fault of ours, that it's just 'the way life is' but I feel I'd be doing myself a disservice by spouting such rubbish. Like any relationship, friendship takes work sometimes, a lit...
Comments
Post a Comment