Renegade Hardware celebrates 20 years

A few weeks back I joined my good friend, Clayton at Rinse FM where he and DJ Ink were interviewed by Uncle Dugs about the history of their legendary label and brand, Renegade Hardware.


Hardware has been growing from strength to strength over the 2 decades from inception, releasing future classics such as 'Messiah' by Konflict (absolute huge part of my raving days), they were a springboard for influential artists such as Future Forces (DBridge & Maldini, later becoming one half of 'Bad Company' the other 2 members being DJ Fresh and Vegas) and became home for key artists such as Loxy & Ink. And that's not even mentioning their events.


They were the longest running Drum & Bass event at legendary club, The End (RIP) and have since filled venues in London such as Area, Coronet. They and are now firmly at home in Brixton Electric whilst also holding events up and down the country and having stages at Glastonbury and Outlook.

I was lucky enough to attend the 20 years of Hardware Sold Out event in January at Brixton Electric and my god what an amazing, amazing night. The vibe was perfect. Everyone was in there to have a good time and reminisce on their raving days way back when, with the DJs under strict instructions to stick within the 1995-2005 years for their tracklists which all of them honoured, and let's face it, why wouldn't you? What a fantastic time to be into Drum & Bass. 



Renegade Hardware, thank you for giving to me some of the best nights of my life!! 




Comments

Trending

My Ayahuasca Journey: Just The Beginning

The UK Bass Music show on Sub FM with Lara & Nikki

The journey continues...

My growing love for Radio Presenting

Start the day off right. With an inspirational Dr Seuss poem